For over four decades, Manhattan Institute has remained committed to developing and disseminating policy ideas that help foster greater economic choice and individual responsibility in New York City and across America. We are seeking an Email Marketing Strategist to join our local initiative, The Beat. The Beat is an email newsletter to keep New Yorkers informed about issues that matter most to them.
Email Marketing Specialist
In this role, the Email Marketing Strategist must be both strategic and creative — taking projects from concept through to implementation. He/she will also be responsible for reporting on various traditional and digital marketing efforts. We are seeking candidates interested in the policy arena and passionate about working in the field of marketing and communications. He/she will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with other departments. An outline of duties are explained below.
- Coordinate weekly editorial meetings to convene on email content
- Distribute via WordPress and MailChimp The Beat email newsletter, 3x/week
- Brainstorm, implement, enforce marketing strategies based on data-driven insights, vision, goals
- Execute online campaigns via web, social media, search, display, email
- Manage and report on paid media efforts, ad hoc and monthly
- Collaborate on the development of videos, podcasts, and visuals to more effectively communicate complex ideas
- Create promotional materials for conferences, events, books, reports, etc.
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience in marketing and/or communications
- Outstanding project management skills, strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity with the Institute’s mission, philosophy, and free-market ideas
- B.A. / B.S. in communications, marketing, political science, or related field
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, MailChimp (or similar ESP), Drupal (or other open-source CMS), Adobe Creative Suite, HTML
- Previous digital agency experience a major plus!
Applicants should email a cover letter that clearly lays out their interest in the position, how their experience would be valuable to MI specifically, and salary requirements. A stock cover letter will not be considered. Please email the cover letter, your resume, and three references (names and contact info) in a single PDF or similar file to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Tara-Marie Lynch, Director of Marketing.