This study finds that:
- Only 67% of all Washington State public school students from the class of 2001 graduated from high school;
- This is significantly lower than the 82% graduation rate suggested by official Washington State statisitcs;
- Graduation rates are significantly lower for African-American students (53%), Latinos (47%) and Native Americans (47%). Graduation rates are higher for white (70%) and Asian-American (77%) students;
- Graduation rates vary widely by school district. Looking at the results for fifteen districts, graduation rates range from a high of 82% in Bellingham and Lake Washington to a low of 46% in Pasco;
- Graduation rates for some of the other largest city school districts include Seattle (71%), Spokane (71%), Vancouver (63%), and Tacoma (51%).