In 2019, Manhattan Institute renamed the Social Entrepreneurship Awards to the Civil Society Awards. Learn more here.
The recipient of the 2016 William E. Simon Prize for Lifetime Achievement in Social Entrepreneurship:
- Chris Anderson, Curator of TED, New York, NY
The winners of the 2016 Richard Cornuelle Award for Social Entrepreneurship:
- Reid Porter, Advocates for Community Transfomation, Dallas, TX
- Luma Mufleh, Fugees Family, Scottdale, GA
- Alfa Demmellash and Alex Forrester, Rising Tide Capital, Jersey City, NJ
- Glenys Carl, Coming Home Connection, Santa Fe, NM
Master of Ceremonies:
- Howard Husock, Director, Social Entrepreneurship Initiative and Vice President, Research and Publications at the Manhattan Institute
Founded in 2001, MI's Social Entrepreneurship Initiative combines research and events on the role of nonprofit organizations with awards to recognize the best of America's new generation of nonprofit leaders.