The Development department is crucial to the Manhattan Institute’s mission of advancing economic freedom and individual responsibility in New York, and across the country. Collegiate Associates can gain first-hand experience in the non-profit fundraising process, which includes building and managing donor relationship, research, and data management.
Collegiate Associates assist with the following:
- Portfolio management procedures and processes to ensure accurate and reliable information.
- Create profiles of prospective donors and assist in identifying potential donors who would place value on MI’s work.
- Organize mailings.
- Draft written correspondence and plan events for recognition projects, gift planning, and membership programs.
- Ability to utilize White Pages, search engines, FEC filings, 990 filings, Foundation Center Online, and other databases
- Clear writing and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Excel (basic knowledge of formulas, functions, and data entry)