Manhattan Institute seeks a highly-motivated Program Manager for its Adam Smith Society—a national, chapter-based association of free-market MBA students and alumni. Since its founding in 2011, the Adam Smith Society has grown its presence to 30 student chapters in our nation’s elite business schools, professional chapters in eight major cities, and a base of 6,500+ members.
Reporting to the Society’s Deputy Director, the Regional Program Officer will have his/her own portfolio of MBA student and professional chapters in one of four U.S. regions (South, Midwest, Northeast, West Coast). The program officer will manage all of the chapters in his/her portfolio, engage in program/event planning and execution and serve as the liaison between chapter leaders and the national office.
The ideal candidate will possess flawless attention to detail and the ability and desire to ensure an exceptional member, guest, and speaker experience at every one of the 100+ on-campus and professional network events in their assigned regional portfolio. Successful applicants will thrive working both independently and in a team environment.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work on assignments in a busy environment.
- Exceptional attentiveness to detail and organizational capability.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, both in person and by phone.
- The ability to use these professional and persuasive written and verbal communications skills to successfully interface with members, scholars, business leaders, political leaders, etc.
- An outgoing personality, discretion, good judgment, and the willingness and ability to act as an ambassador, both within the Society and at public events throughout the year.
- Experience with MBA programs/students or with a membership organization (Greek organizations, Federalist Society, Social Clubs, etc.), a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; must have 1-3 years of related work experience.
Candidates are to submit a resume and letter of interest—which does not rely on stock language and specifically explains how the applicant’s experience relates to the job description—for review to email@example.com. This position requires the candidate to work out of our Manhattan office. The salary and benefits package for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience