About the role
The Manhattan Institute’s Multimedia Producer will work closely with members of the communications and marketing teams to support, manage, and execute a range of digital media projects that raise the Institute’s profile among key stakeholder audiences, thought leaders, and the general public. In this role, the Multimedia Producer must be both strategic and creative; he/she must be capable of producing engaging content on a variety of platforms and be able to identify new opportunities for the Manhattan Institute (MI) and its online brand(s). This position reports directly to the Deputy Director of Marketing, liaises frequently across departments and is located in the NYC headquarters.
The ideal candidate will have social media and video production experience, though Manhattan Institute is willing to provide on-the-job training to someone without this experience. Ultimately, MI seeks a candidate who will be a good fit for our close-knit communications and marketing team who is ready to work hard and learn.
- Produce and edit a mix of short- and long-form videos for digital platforms
- Book and record interviews for our expanding portfolio of podcasts, in close collaboration with the communications and marketing teams
- Research, write, and prepare storyboards, scripts, SEO-friendly titles, and descriptive copy
- Brainstorm and pitch original project ideas to amplify our work and fellows
- Source and manage external vendors to develop and deliver new, high-quality content
- Shoot photos and video, when necessary, for events, indoor and outdoor interviews, and other creative projects
- Catalog and oversee the Institute’s inventory of audio, photo, and video equipment
- Advise fellows and other colleagues in best practices
- Adhere to strict editorial standards to ensure messaging and visuals are on-brand, accurate, and relevant
- 0-5 years of experience in relevant communications, media, public relations, or marketing positions preferred
- Experience with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of audio and video editing tools, graphic design, lighting, and professional equipment will be immensely helpful in this position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative and successful working relationships with colleagues
- Familiarity with the policy and opinion-shaping community, especially in think tanks, media, academic communities, and on Capitol Hill
- Demonstrated track record or understanding of raising organizational profiles with creative and thoughtful strategies
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with an unrelenting eye for detail
- Occasional travel will be required within NYC, less than 5%
- Bachelor’s degree
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
• Cover Letter that clearly lays out your interest in the position, how your experience would be valuable to Manhattan Institute specifically, and salary requirements
• A list of 3 references including names and contact information
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct appli-cations will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.