Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI) is a community of scholars, journalists, activists, and civic leaders who are united by a shared commitment to advancing economic opportunity, individual liberty, and the rule of law in America and its great cities. MI is independent, creative, and bold, and we are hiring a like-minded Events Coordinator to join our team at our New York City headquarters.
This staff member will interact with internal and external stakeholders and play a role in our overall in-person and virtual events programming. They will work with the Director of Events on everything from venue and vendor outreach to internal project management, as well as on-site and off-site event support.
- Liaise with vendors, venues, and colleagues during all stages of the event process
- Serve as a primary point of contact for event registration and incoming event inquiries
- Organize event materials such as nametags, printed resources, signage, and event-related shipments
- Maintain event outreach lists, RSVPs, and guest lists
- Execute budget-related tasks such as issuing reimbursements and tracking event expenses
- Manage the events pipeline calendar
- Produce virtual events (training included)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years' work or internship experience (non-profit, hospitality management or public relations experience a plus)
- Familiarity with MI policy priorities and the work of MI Fellows; a keen interest in supporting and extending this work
- Familiarity with virtual event-related software a plus
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills; ability to deliver high-quality customer service to event attendees and donors
- Availability to work evening events when needed
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and remain poised under pressure
MI offers generous benefits, including a hybrid work environment, four weeks paid vacation, a Summer Fridays program, paid paternity/maternity leave, medical and dental coverage, medical and dependent care FSA, mental health benefits, remote medicine, paid company cell phone, life insurance, and a 401(k) with a company-funded match. MI staff also benefit from the opportunity to collaborate and socialize with prominent scholars in our policy space.
The salary range for this postion is $58,500 to $75,000.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Be sure to include:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the Manhattan Institute and Event Coordinator role
- Please note: Neither a writing sample nor portfolio are required for this position.
You can also sign up to receive email updates about posted jobs.