Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI) is a community of scholars, journalists, activists, and civic leaders who are united by a shared commitment to advancing economic opportunity, individual liberty, and the rule of law in America and its great cities. MI is independent, creative, and bold, and we are hiring a like-minded Events Coordinator to join our team at our New York City headquarters.
This staff member will interact with internal and external stakeholders and play a role in our overall in-person and virtual events programming. They will work with the VP of Strategy & Communications and the Events Senior Manager on everything from venue and vendor outreach to internal project management, as well as on-site and off-site event support.
- Liaise with vendors, venues, and colleagues during all stages of the event process
- Manage event set-up, check-in, and tear down process
- Manage event lists, RSVPs, and guest lists
- Manage the events pipeline calendar
- Manage the events budget
- Produce virtual events (training included)
- Some evenings required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years' work or internship experience (non-profit, hospitality management or public relations experience a plus)
- Familiarity with MI policy priorities and the work of MI Fellows; a keen interest in supporting and extending this work
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and work well under pressure
MI offers generous benefits, including a hybrid work environment, four weeks paid vacation, a Summer Fridays program, paid paternity/maternity leave, medical and dental coverage, medical and dependent care FSA, mental health benefits, remote medicine, paid company cell phone, life insurance, and a 401(k) with a company-funded match. MI staff also benefit from the opportunity to collaborate and socialize with prominent scholars in our policy space.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Be sure to include:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the Manhattan Institute and the Audience Development Manager role
- Please note: Neither a writing sample nor portfolio are required for this position.
You can also sign up to receive email updates about posted jobs.