About the Manhattan Institute
The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research is a community of scholars, journalists, activists, and civic leaders committed to advancing economic opportunity, individual liberty, and the rule of law in America and its great cities.
About the Role
The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI) is looking to expand their digital presence by finding a like-minded Digital Content Associate. This role will support the Institute as part of their marketing team, reporting to the Director of Marketing, and will help manage MI’s website and assist colleagues with social media, newsletters, podcasts, and more. The position is ideal for an entry or junior-level professional eager to learn and grow their skills in digital communications. Those with more experience are also encouraged to apply and, depending on the experience, could be potentially brought on at the manager level. The position is full-time, either virtually or in-office in New York, NY.
- Edit and publish MI website content (op-eds by fellows, press releases, etc.), maintain and update other parts of the website, and work with the technology team to troubleshoot technical issues
- Assist colleagues with managing social media channels, assembling and scheduling newsletters, producing podcasts, videos, and more
- Help identify new ways to engage audiences and amplify MI’s work
- Gather media mentions and report web analytics
- Collaborate with communications, design, marketing, and research teams on promoting new research, books, events, and initiatives
- Support in-person and virtual events, as needed
- Interest in digital communications, policy, and politics
- Familiarity with and interest in supporting MI’s policy priorities and the work of MI Fellows
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, manage competing priorities, set and meet deadlines, and react quickly and creatively to changes and challenges
- Ability to collaborate effectively with fellows and staff from across the organization, including remote members of the team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with CMS (WordPress or Drupal), SEO and paid search, social media, or newsletter platforms is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the Manhattan Institute’s mission, as well as your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Network Engagement Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.