The Manhattan Institute is seeking a Communications Associate to join its communications team. The ideal candidate will be a creative, self-starter, with strong organizational skills, who thinks strategically and works well both independently and collaboratively as part of a tight-knit group.
Press and earned media:
- Manage incoming press inquiries and assist with external press outreach;
- Manage media database, media research, and media list building;
- Draft and disseminate press releases for reports and books;
- Assist with media outreach for our City Journal magazine.
- Track press coverage and prepare regular and ad hoc media reporting documents;
- Track external deadlines for events award submissions;
- Assist with logistical responsibilities including but not limited to managing shared departmental calendar, tracking expenses, streamlining processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Very comfortable with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Drive (Docs and Sheets);
- Exceptionally detail oriented;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in time management, including the ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Database experience a plus;
- Experience or interest in public policy a plus.
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to Michele Jacob, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.