Scott Winship is the Walter B. Wriston Fellow at the Manhattan Institute. Previously, he was a fellow at the Brookings Institution. Winship’s research interests include living standards and economic mobility, inequality, and insecurity. Earlier, he was research manager of the Economic Mobility Project of the Pew Charitable Trusts and a senior policy advisor at Third Way. Winship writes a column for Forbes.com; his research has been published in City Journal, National Affairs, National Review, The Wilson Quarterly, and Breakthrough Journal; and he contributed an essay on antipoverty policy to the ebook Room to Grow: Conservative Reforms for a Limited Government and a Thriving Middle Class (2014).
Winship has testified before Congress on poverty, inequality, and joblessness. He holds a B.A. in sociology and urban studies from Northwestern University and a Ph.D. in social policy from Harvard University.
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
CSPAN's "Washington Journal"
CNBC's "The Kudlow Report"
Huffington Post Live
MSNBC's "The Melissa Harris-Perry Show"
NPR's "The Diane Rehm Show"
NPR's "Morning Edition"
NPR's "All Things Considered"
NPR's "The Takeaway w/John Hockenberry"
NPR Texas' "The David Martin Davies Show"
Al Jazeera America's "Consider This"
Fox Business Network's "The Willis Report"
Talk Radio Network's "The Jerry Doyle Show"
- Hillary Charts the Wrong Path on Wage Inequality, Washington Examiner, 09-11-15
- Whether and How to Adjust Income Trends for Declining Household Size, Part 2, Forbes.com, 08-26-15
- Whether And How To Adjust Income Trends For Declining Household Size, Forbes.com, 07-07-15
- Debunking Disagreement Over Cost-Of-Living Adjustment, Forbes.com, 06-15-15
- A Conservative Opportunity Agenda, Forbes.com, 06-02-15
- The Great Gatsby Curve: All Heat, No Light, Brookings, 05-20-15
- The Left's Worst Attempt Yet To Trot Out The Inequality Bogeyman, Forbes.com, 05-15-15
- Has Middle-Class Pay Risen As Much As It Should Have?, Forbes.com, 05-12-15
- The Big Lebowski Defense, Forbes.com, 03-25-15
- Will Welfare Reform Increase Upward Mobility?, Forbes.com, 03-25-15
- How To Fix Disability Insurance, National Affairs, 03-23-15
- Is The "Decline" In Men's Earnings Behind Marriage's Demise?, Forbes.com, 03-16-15
- Have 91% Of Gains During The Recovery Gone To The Top?, Forbes.com, 01-27-15
- Did Inequality Rob Middle-Class Households Of $18,000?, Forbes.com, 01-13-15
- The Case That The Middle Class Is Doing Better Than We Think, Washington Post, 12-24-14
- Workers Get the Same Slice Of the Pie As They Always Have, Forbes.com, 12-16-14
- Expand Opportunity To Boost Growth, Cato Institute, 11-25-14
- What’s Worse Than Being Wrong? Being Uncivil. An Apology, Forbes.com, 11-23-14
- Are Democrats Out of Data Analysts?, National Review Online, 11-20-14
- Income Inequality And Global Prosperity, The Federalist, 11-05-14
City Journal articles