Scott Winship is the Walter B. Wriston Fellow at the Manhattan Institute. Previously a fellow at the Brookings Institution, his areas of expertise include living standards and economic mobility, inequality, and insecurity. Earlier in his career, Winship was research manager of the Economic Mobility Project of The Pew Charitable Trusts and a senior policy advisor at Third Way. He writes a column for Forbes.com and his research has been published in City Journal, National Affairs, National Review, The Wilson Quarterly, and Breakthrough Journal, among others. He has also testified before Congress on the issues of poverty and inequality.
Winship received a B.A. in sociology and urban studies from Northwestern University and a Ph.D. in social policy from Harvard University.
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
CSPAN's "Washington Journal"
CNBC's "The Kudlow Report"
Huffington Post Live
MSNBC's "The Melissa Harris-Perry Show"
NPR's "The Diane Rehm Show"
NPR's "Morning Edition"
NPR's "All Things Considered"
NPR's "The Takeaway w/John Hockenberry"
NPR Texas' "The David Martin Davies Show"
Al Jazeera America's "Consider This"
Fox Business Network's "The Willis Report"
Talk Radio Network's "The Jerry Doyle Show"
- Have 91% Of Gains During The Recovery Gone To The Top?, Forbes.com, 01-27-15
- Workers Get the Same Slice Of the Pie As They Always Have, Forbes.com, 12-16-14
- Expand Opportunity To Boost Growth, Cato Institute, 11-25-14
- What’s Worse Than Being Wrong? Being Uncivil. An Apology, Forbes.com, 11-23-14
- Are Democrats Out of Data Analysts?, National Review Online, 11-20-14
- Income Inequality And Global Prosperity, The Federalist, 11-05-14
- Has Inequality Driven a Wedge Between Productivity And Compensation Growth?, Forbes.com, 10-20-14
- Creator Of Chart Of Doom Defends Chart Badly And Casts Aspersions, Forbes.com, 10-06-14
- The Inequality Non-Explainer, Explained, Forbes.com, 10-03-14
- No, The Rich Are Not Taking All Of The Economic Pie (In 8 Charts), Forbes.com, 09-30-14
- Paul Ryan's New Upward Mobility Plan, Forbes.com, 07-24-14
- Work-Promoting Safety Net Reforms Have Helped the Poor, Forbes.com, 06-19-14
- Is Wealth Inequality Rising? (On Paul Krugman's Ambiguity Denial), Forbes.com, 06-03-14
- Financial Times Vs. Piketty On US. Smoke, No Fire, Forbes.com, 06-02-14
- A Response To Michael Hiltzik On Reforming SSI, National Review Online, 05-30-14
- L'Affaire Piketty, Forbes.com, 05-27-14
- Middle Class Earnings Are Stagnant! (Because Retirees Have No Earnings), Forbes.com, 05-21-14
- Inequality and the Fate of Capitalism, National Review Online, 05-13-14
- What Piketty Left Out Of His Inequality Argument, The Fiscal Times, 05-04-14
- Stop Freaking Out About The Middle Class, U.S. News and World Report, 05-02-14
City Journal articles