Scott Winship is the Walter B. Wriston Fellow at the Manhattan Institute. Previously a fellow at the Brookings Institution, his areas of expertise include living standards and economic mobility, inequality, and insecurity. Earlier in his career, Winship was research manager of the Economic Mobility Project of The Pew Charitable Trusts and a senior policy advisor at Third Way. His research has been published in National Affairs, National Review, The Wilson Quarterly, Breakthrough Journal, and Real Clear Markets, among other outlets. Winship received a B.A. in sociology and urban studies from Northwestern University and a Ph.D. in social policy from Harvard University.
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
CSPAN's "Washington Journal"
CNBC's "The Kudlow Report"
Huffington Post Live
MSNBC's "The Melissa Harris-Perry Show"
NPR's "The Diane Rehm Show"
NPR's "Morning Edition"
NPR's "All Things Considered"
NPR's "The Takeaway w/John Hockenberry"
NPR Texas' "The David Martin Davies Show"
Al Jazeera America's "Consider This"
Fox Business Network's "The Willis Report"
Talk Radio Network's "The Jerry Doyle Show"
- Paul Ryan's New Upward Mobility Plan, Forbes.com, 07-24-14
- Work-Promoting Safety Net Reforms Have Helped the Poor, Forbes.com, 06-19-14
- Is Wealth Inequality Rising? (On Paul Krugman's Ambiguity Denial), Forbes.com, 06-03-14
- Financial Times Vs. Piketty On US. Smoke, No Fire, Forbes.com, 06-02-14
- A Response To Michael Hiltzik On Reforming SSI, National Review Online, 05-30-14
- L'Affaire Piketty, Forbes.com, 05-27-14
- Middle Class Earnings Are Stagnant! (Because Retirees Have No Earnings), Forbes.com, 05-21-14
- Inequality and the Fate of Capitalism, National Review Online, 05-13-14
- What Piketty Left Out Of His Inequality Argument, The Fiscal Times, 05-04-14
- Stop Freaking Out About The Middle Class, U.S. News and World Report, 05-02-14
- There Are Really Few Disagreements Between Classes, New York Times Room for Debate, 04-22-14
- Whither The Bottom 90 Percent, Thomas Piketty?, Forbes.com, 04-18-14
- How the 'Two Cities' Story Is a Distortion, New York Daily News, 02-13-14
- One (Or Two) Cheers For The War On Poverty, e21, 01-28-14
- Mobility Is The Problem, Not Income Inequality, CNN, 01-22-14
- Focus on Intergenerational Mobility, New York Times Room for Debate, 01-05-14
- The Great Gastby Curve Revisited: Part 1, e21, 12-30-13
- The Case for Worrying About Inequality is Still Overstated, e21, 12-16-13
- How Solid is the Case for Raising the Minimum Wage?, e21, 12-03-13
- Poor and Middle Class Incomes Have Increased Significantly, e21, 11-13-13