Director of Media Relations
The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research in NYC seeks a dynamic, experienced, and creative Director of Media Relations. Candidate must have 5-7 years experience in PR (news background is a plus, too). Extremely strong writing and editorial skills, deep knowledge of the news business, strong project management skills, solid relationships in the news industry, and a comprehensive understanding of policy issues are key requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervising and supporting a talented and growing media relations team
- Overseeing daily media outreach efforts across different issue areas and streamlining media lists
- Collaborating with development office, the Institute’s center directors, and relevant internal stakeholders to ensure timely and relevant execution of communications objectives
- Working with VP of Comms and press officers to develop and execute media strategies for all policy objectives, research papers, and long-lead events
- Drafting/editing/pitching collateral for media outreach efforts, including press releases, media advisories, etc.
- Soliciting and editing op-eds from scholars and expanding relationships with editorial boards, opinion pages, etc.
- Working with VP of Comms to formalize and institutionalize cohesive branding for publications, invitations, reports, etc.
Qualified applicants should send their resume, cover letter, references, and writing samples to:
VP, Communications & Marketing
Manhattan Institute for Policy Research