Edward Glaeser is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, a contributing editor of City Journal, and the Fred and Eleanor Glimp Professor of Economics at Harvard University, where he has taught since 1992. He regularly teaches microeconomic theory and, occasionally, urban and public economics.
Glaeser’s research focuses on the determinants of city growth and the role of cities as centers of idea transmission. He has published dozens of papers on cities, economic growth, and law and economics. Glaeser is the author of Cities, Agglomeration, and Spatial Equilibrium (2008); Triumph of the City: How Our Greatest Invention Makes Us Richer, Smarter, Greener, Healthier, and Happier (2012); and coauthor of Rethinking Federal Housing Policy: How to Make Housing Plentiful and Affordable (2008). He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago.
- Comedy Central's "Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
- Fox News's "Your World with Neil Cavuto"
- CNBC's "Squawk Box"
- Fox News's "Happening Now"
- NY1's "Inside City Hall"
- C-SPAN 's "Book TV"
- NPR's "Weekend Edition"
- WPR (NPR)'s "The Joy Cardin Show"
- Coast to Coast Voice of America
- Bloomberg Radio's "The Hays Advantage"
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- They Can Take It If They Want It, Wall Street Journal, 07-25-15
- Build Big, Bill, New York Daily News, 08-24-14
- 'Mass Flourishing' by Edmund Phelps, Wall Street Journal, 10-18-13
- A Happy Tale Of Two Cities, New York Daily News, 10-14-13
- Make New York A Small Biz Mecca, New York Daily News, 06-19-13
- Cities Like Boston Show Resolve After Attacks, Bloomberg, 04-16-13
- Princeton's Marriage Market Theory Worked for Me, Bloomberg, 04-03-13
- Big-Project Binge Fueled Motor City's Meltdown, Bloomberg, 03-20-13
- Don't Take Ed Koch's Centrist Legacy for Granted, Bloomberg, 02-04-13
- Paint The Town: Republicans Need Urban Voters and Cities Need the GOP, New York Post, 01-27-13
- 2013 Is the Year to Go to Work, Not Go on Disability, Bloomberg, 12-26-12
- Why N.Y.C. Must Scrape the Sky, New York Daily News, 04-22-12
- Wall Street Can't Carry the City Alone, New York Post, 04-12-12
- Desegregation Is an Unsung U.S. Success Story, Bloomberg, 01-30-12
- How to Make States' Public Pension Funds Solvent, Bloomberg, 07-05-11
- The Role of Economics in an Imperfect World, New York Times Economix Blog, 05-10-11
- New Land Of Opportunity, Forbes.com, 05-09-11
- What Rankings Show About Cities, New York Times Economix Blog, 05-03-11
- Give Power To Cities, States, The Boston Globe, 04-21-11
- Detroit's Decline and The Folly of Light Rail, Wall Street Journal, 03-25-11
- More Articles >>
City Journal articles
- Uplifting the Cities of the Poor, Summer 2014
- Growth Engines, Special Issue 2013
- The GOP and the City, Winter 2013
- Wall Street Isnt Enough, Spring 2012
- Unleash the Entrepreneurs, Autumn 2011
- Start-Up City, Autumn 2010
- Preservation Follies, Spring 2010
- The Reinventive City, Special Issue 2009
- Green Cities, Brown Suburbs, Winter 2009
- New York Needs Innovation, 27 October 2008
- Houston, New York Has a Problem, Summer 2008
- Can Buffalo Ever Come Back?, Autumn 2007
- Why Economists Still Like Cities, Spring 1996
- More City Journal Articles >>