Diana Furchtgott-Roth, former chief economist of the U.S. Department of Labor, is director of Economics21 and senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research. She is a contributing editor of RealClearMarkets.com, and a columnist for the Washington Examiner, MarketWatch.com, and Tax Notes. From 2003 to 2005, Ms. Furchtgott-Roth was chief economist of the U.S. Department of Labor. From 2001 to 2002 she served as chief of staff of President George W. Bush's Council of Economic Advisers. Ms. Furchtgott-Roth served as deputy executive director of the Domestic Policy Council and associate director of the Office of Policy Planning in the White House under President George H.W. Bush from 1991 to 1993, and she was an economist on the staff of President Reagan’s Council of Economic Advisers from 1986 to 1987.
Ms. Furchtgott-Roth is the author of Regulating to Disaster: How Green Jobs Policies are Damaging America's Economy (Encounter Books, 2012) and Women's Figures: An Illustrated Guide to the Economic Progress of Women in America (AEI Press, 2012). She is the editor of Overcoming Barriers to Entrepreneurship in the United States (Rowman and Littlefield, 2008). Her articles have been published in the New York Times, Washington Post, Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, the Los Angeles Times, and Le Figaro, among others.
Ms. Furchtgott-Roth is a frequent guest on FOX Business News, and she has appeared on numerous other TV and radio shows, including CNBC's Larry Kudlow Show, C-SPAN’s Washington Journal, and PBS’s The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer.
Ms. Furchtgott-Roth’s areas of expertise include employment, taxation, education, pensions, unionization, and immigration. Ms. Furchtgott-Roth was assistant to the president and resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute from 1993 to 2001. From 1987 to 1991 she was an economist at the American Petroleum Institute, where she authored papers on energy and taxation.
Ms. Furchtgott-Roth received her B.A. in economics from Swarthmore College and her M.Phil. in economics from Oxford University.
- Fox News's "The O'Reilly Factor"
- CNBC's "Closing Bell with Maria Bartiromo"
- CNBC's "The Kudlow Report"
- Bloomberg TV's "Street Smart with Trish Regan"
- 1440 WORK AM's "Riley & Scot"
- 1360 KUIK AM's "The Jeff Kropf Show"
- Heritage Action for America's "Istook Live"
- Washington Journal, CSPAN
- Wall Street Shuffle, CNN Radio Network
- Crane Durham's Nothing But Truth, AFRN Radio
- Steve Malzberg Show, WOR
- Jim Bohannon Show, Westwood One Radio Network
- Tony Cruise and the Morning Team, WHAS
- Newsroom, CNN TV
- Mornings with Ray Dunaway, WTIC
- Rob Johnson Show, WGST
- Steve & Leah Show, WERC
- Chip Franklin Show, KOGO
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- LNG Exports Are A Win For All Concerned, RealClearMarkets, 09-16-14
- More Military Spending Could Actually Save The U.S. Money, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 09-11-14
- What to Look For In Friday's Unemployment Report , RealClearMarkets, 09-02-14
- The Tale of Missing IRS E-Mails Gets More and More Curious, RealClearMarkets, 08-26-14
- 3 Reasons An Obama Executive Order On Immigration Would Backfire, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 08-22-14
- The Texas Economy Makes Rick Perry A Lefty Target, RealClearMarkets, 08-19-14
- One Easy Way To Save Up To 1 Million Lives A Year, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 08-15-14
- Watch Closely Obama's Treatment Of Unions, RealClearMarkets, 08-12-14
- Suddenly Every McDonald's Franchisee Is Worth Suing, RealClearMarkets, 08-05-14
- Bill To Address Fake Campus Assault Epidemic Goes Too Far, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 08-01-14
- Jobs And The Great Recession, Index of Cultural Opportunity, 07-30-14
- The US Can Export Putin to His Knees, RealClearMarkets, 07-29-14
- Why Obamacare Ruling Means More Than It Seems, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 07-23-14
- Obama Dances Around Serious Transportation Fixes, RealClearMarkets, 07-22-14
- Portuguese Bank Crisis Is The Tip Of The Iceberg, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 07-11-14
- Piketty's Cure For Income Inequality Hurts The Poor, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 07-10-14
- Automatic Obamacare Enrollment Is Anti-Patient , RealClearMarkets, 07-08-14
- Startling News For Investors, Yellen And Congress, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 07-01-14
- The IRS's E-Mail 'Coincidences' Are Too Many, RealClearMarkets, 06-24-14
- An Unfinished Job In Iraq Will Cost America Dearly, Wall Street Journal Market Watch, 06-19-14
- More Articles >>
- Piketty's Inequality Conclusions Inaccurate, Recommendations Impossible, Background Paper, September 2014
- Pipelines Are Safest For Transportation of Oil and Gas Issue Brief 23, June 2013
- The Economic Effects of Hydrofracturing on Local Economies: A Comparison of New York and Pennsylvania Growth and Prosperity Report 1, May 2013
- The High Costs of Proposed New Labor-Law Regulations Issue Brief 21, April 2013
- The Economic Benefits of Immigration Issue Brief 18, February 2013
- Why Savings are Suffering: Fed QE3 Policy Costs Seniors Issues 2012 32, November 2012
- Roundtable: Are You Better Off than You Were Four Years Ago? Issues 2012 31, October 2012
- The Merits of a Territorial Tax System Issues 2012 29, October 2012
- The Food Stamp Recovery: The Unprecedented Increase in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program 2008-12 Issues 2012 23, September 2012
- The Expensive, Elusive Green Job Issues 2012 20, September 2012
- Whither Workforce Training? Issues 2012 21, August 2012
- Solyndra and the Perils of Green Industrial Policy Issues 2012 19, July 2012
- The Unemployment Crisis for Younger Workers Issues 2012 14, May 2012
- Who Really Owns the Oil Companies? Issues 2012 11, May 2012
- The Dangers of Raising Taxes on Investment Income Issues 2012 5, April 2012
- How Tax Expenditures Hurt the Economy - and What to Do About It Issues 2012 9, April 2012
- How Obamacare Increases Unemployment Issues 2012 6, March 2012
- How to Lower Gasoline Prices Issues 2012 4, March 2012
- The Myth of Increasing Income Inequality Issues 2012 2, March 2012
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on The Benefits of Natural Gas Exports, 06-24-14
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on Empowerment in the Workplace, 06-18-14
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on Climate Change, 07-18-13
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on the Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Jobs, 03-14-13
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on Employers' WARN Act Responsibilities, 02-14-13
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on the Effects of Regulatory and Fiscal Uncertainty on Entrepreneurs, 11-29-12
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on The American Energy Initiative: No More Solyndras, 07-12-12
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on Green Jobs in the U.S. Economy, 06-06-12
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on Solving the Long-Term Unemployment Crisis for Older Workers, 05-15-12
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth before the Health Care Subcommittee of the House Committee on Ways and Means, 03-29-12
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth before the House Committee on Natural Resources, 03-21-12
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on The Advantages of a Balanced Budget Amendment, 11-30-11
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, 10-27-11
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth before the Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, 09-13-11
- Testimony by Diana Furchtgott-Roth on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions of the House Committee on Education and the Workforce, 03-31-11