Ted Frank is a Manhattan Institute adjunct fellow and president of the Center for Class Action Fairness (CCAF), which he founded in 2009. At CCAF, he has won several landmark cases and tens of millions of dollars for shareholders and other class members. The New York Times has called Frank “the leading critic of abusive class-action settlements.”
Frank has testified before Congress and serves on the executive committee of the Federalist Society Litigation Practice Group. In 2008, he was elected to the American Law Institute. Previously, Frank clerked for Frank H. Easterbrook on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, was a litigator in private practice for ten years, was the first director of the American Enterprise Institute Legal Center for the Public Interest, and was an attorney for the McCain-Palin 2008 presidential campaign. He holds a J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and the school’s law review, and a B.A. in economics from Brandeis University.
- TruTV's "In Session"
- KPCC's "Patt Morrison Show"
- WJR's "Frank Beckmann Show"
- WBAV's "Straight Talk with Bea Thompson"
- Radio America's "G. Gordon Liddy Show"
- WTVN's "Bob Conners Show"
- American Radio News Network's "Ernie Brown and Amy Holmes"
- Relevant Radio's "Drew Mariani"
- WTN's "Phil Valentine"
- WWNN's "Steve Kane"
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- New Jersey Court Invents New Form of Texting Liability, Washington Examiner, 09-06-13
- Class-Action Suits Benefit Few Other Than Attorneys, Investor's Business Daily, 02-20-13
- SOPA Shows Why We Need Limited Government, Washington Examiner, 01-25-12
- Win or Lose, Trial Lawyers Get Millions in Vioxx Fees, Washington Examiner, 08-18-11
- Obama's Dangerous Divorce From DOMA: The Executive Can't Pick and Choose Which Laws To Defend, New York Daily News, 02-24-11
- Courts Shouldn't Ignore Due Process To Create Class Actions, Washington Examiner, 12-14-10
- No Tax Dollars For Lawsuits: Give The Poor Free Attorneys? No Way - Civil 'Gideon' Is Dangerous, New York Daily News, 10-18-10
- The Victims of 'Consumer Protection', New York Post, 09-22-10
- On Tort Reform, Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Washington Examiner, 02-01-10
- More Articles >>
- American Bar Association, Market Power Handbook: Competition Law and Economic Foundations (2005)
- American Bar Association, 2002 Annual Review of Antitrust Developments (2003)
- J. Sheehan, C. Davenport, and G. Huckabay, Eds. Baseball Prospectus ’97 (1997)