Ted Frank is an adjunct fellow with the Manhattan Institute's Center for Legal Policy and editor of the Institute's award-winning web magazine, PointofLaw.com. The Wall Street Journal has called him a "leading tort-reform advocate."
In addition to his role with the Manhattan Institute, Frank is the president of the Center for Class Action Fairness, which he founded in 2009. There, Frank has won several landmark cases and tens of millions of dollars for shareholders and other class members; Adam Liptak of the New York Times calls him "the leading critic of abusive class-action settlements." Frank has testified about legal issues before Congress several times. He serves on the executive committee of the Federalist Society Litigation Practice Group. In 2008, Mr. Frank was elected to membership in the American Law Institute.
Previously, Frank clerked for Frank H. Easterbrook on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, was a litigator in private practice for ten years, served as the first director of the AEI Legal Center for the Public Interest, and was an attorney for the McCain-Palin 2008 presidential campaign. Frank graduated from the University of Chicago Law School with high honors and as a member of the Order of the Coif and the Law Review.
- TruTV's "In Session"
- KPCC's "Patt Morrison Show"
- WJR's "Frank Beckmann Show"
- WBAV's "Straight Talk with Bea Thompson"
- Radio America's "G. Gordon Liddy Show"
- WTVN's "Bob Conners Show"
- American Radio News Network's "Ernie Brown and Amy Holmes"
- Relevant Radio's "Drew Mariani"
- WTN's "Phil Valentine"
- WWNN's "Steve Kane"
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- New Jersey Court Invents New Form of Texting Liability, Washington Examiner, 09-06-13
- Class-Action Suits Benefit Few Other Than Attorneys, Investor's Business Daily, 02-20-13
- SOPA Shows Why We Need Limited Government, Washington Examiner, 01-25-12
- Win or Lose, Trial Lawyers Get Millions in Vioxx Fees, Washington Examiner, 08-18-11
- Obama's Dangerous Divorce From DOMA: The Executive Can't Pick and Choose Which Laws To Defend, New York Daily News, 02-24-11
- Courts Shouldn't Ignore Due Process To Create Class Actions, Washington Examiner, 12-14-10
- No Tax Dollars For Lawsuits: Give The Poor Free Attorneys? No Way - Civil 'Gideon' Is Dangerous, New York Daily News, 10-18-10
- The Victims of 'Consumer Protection', New York Post, 09-22-10
- On Tort Reform, Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Washington Examiner, 02-01-10
- More Articles >>
- American Bar Association, Market Power Handbook: Competition Law and Economic Foundations (2005)
- American Bar Association, 2002 Annual Review of Antitrust Developments (2003)
- J. Sheehan, C. Davenport, and G. Huckabay, Eds. Baseball Prospectus ’97 (1997)