Richard C. Dreyfuss is a adjunct fellow at the Manhattan Institute's Center for State and Local Leadership and a regular contributor to PublicSectorInc.org.
Dreyfuss is an actuary and business consultant. He worked for The Hershey Company (formerly Hershey Foods Corporation) for 21 years, and held numerous positions there, including director of compensation and benefits, prior to his retirement in 2002. He was also involved in the establishment of the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council in 1986 and was its chair in 2001-02. This independent state agency is responsible for developing comparative information about the most efficient and effective health care providers to individual consumers and group purchasers of health services and giving information to health care providers that they can use to identify opportunities to contain costs and improve the quality of care they deliver.
Dreyfuss is a pension and health care expert who has written and testified before Congress and the Pennsylvania General Assembly on strategies to effectively manage long-term employee benefit costs. His op-eds have appeared in major newspapers including The Philadelphia Inquirer and The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and he has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times.
Rick holds a B.A. in mathematics and economics from Connecticut College and an M.A. in actuarial science from Northeastern University.
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- Pennsylvania Budget Left Pension Problem Unresolved, The Philadelphia Inquirer, 07-20-14
- Underfunding Pensions A Lingering Problem, The Mercury, 06-10-14
- Public Pensions And Politics, Bucks County Courier Times, 03-26-14
- Comprehensive And Sustainable Pension Reform Is Elusive In Pennsylvania, Patriot News, 01-29-14
- Pension Crisis Worsens In Pennsylvania, The Philadelphia Inquirer, 07-30-13
- Detroit Pension Debt is Warning for Other Cities, Washington Examiner, 07-26-13
- Who's Winning the Pension Wars?, ALEC, 04-19-13
- Montana Public Pension Reform Challenges, Helena Independent Record, 03-10-13
- Make Honest Pension Reform a Priority in Pa., The Philadelphia Inquirer, 02-04-13
- More Articles >>