Daniel DiSalvo is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute's Center for State and Local Leadership and an assistant professor of political science at The City College of New York-CUNY. His scholarship focuses on American political parties, elections, labor unions, state government, and public policy. He is the author of Engines of Change: Party Factions in American Politics, 1868-2010 (Oxford). He also writes frequently for scholarly and popular publications, including National Affairs, The Weekly Standard, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, The Tocqueville Review, Congress & the Presidency, and The Journal of Policy History. Professor DiSalvo is a regular contributor on PublicSectorInc.org, a project of the Manhattan Institute and the co-editor of The Forum: A Journal of Applied Research in Contemporary Politics. His next book, Government Against Itself: Public Union Power and Its Consequences will be published in January by Oxford University Press.
- WNYC's "The Brian Lehrer Show"
- Talk 1300AM's "Live from the State Capitol"
- WSAU 99.9FM's "The Pat Snyder Show"
- KMJ 580 AM's "The Ray Appleton Show"
- WIBA 1310's "Vicki McKenna Show"
- TMJ4's "Fourth and State"
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- 2014ís Most Encouraging Democratic Victory, National Review Online, 11-14-14
- Houston, There Is A Pension Problem, Houston Chronicle, 10-02-14
- Like Other Institutions, Public Employee Unions Need More Transparency, Investor's Business Daily, 09-10-14
- How Feasible Is A Social Democratic America?, Boston Review, 05-08-14
- New York City Canít Afford The Teachers Contract, New York Post, 05-03-14
- Revealing New History Of Liberalism, Washington Times, 02-17-14
- What De Blasio's Speech Left Out, New York Daily News, 01-02-14
- The Changing Politics of Public Sector Pensions, RealClearPolicy, 10-23-13
- Solidarity? Not For Long, New York Daily News, 09-30-13
- There is NO Right to Strike Against the Public, Washington Examiner, 07-05-13
- The Implications of Wisconsin, Washington Examiner, 06-07-12
- Public Sector Unions Bring Back Tammany Hall, Washington Examiner, 04-26-12
- A Key National Test of Labor's Power Coming this Spring in Wisconsin, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 04-14-12
- Factions Have a Role to Play, New York Times Room for Debate, 01-05-12
- The New Great Migration, New York Times Room for Debate, 07-26-11
- Why Bureaucrat Unions Are So Hard To Beat, Washington Examiner, 05-31-11
- Three Possible Responses To The States' Fiscal Problems, Washington Examiner, 05-12-11
- A Battle Plan For Gen. Cuomo - If Elected Governor, He'll Have To Back Up Rhetoric With Action, New York Daily News, 10-31-10
- The Very Model of a Modern Midterm, The Weekly Standard, 09-13-10
- The New Tammany Hall, The Weekly Standard, 10-12-09
- More Articles >>
City Journal articles
- The Union That Devoured Education Reform, Autumn 2014
- Workers of the World, Reminisce!, 13 June 2014
- With Friends Like These, 4 April 2014
- French Misconnection, 26 November 2013
- CCNY Does Right, Summer 2013
- Unfunded, 26 February 2013
- The Great Remigration, Summer 2012
- Cuomo Fights the UnionsGently, 12 June 2011
- Politics and Liberty, 3 June 2011
- Showdown in Madison, 22 February 2011