Daniel DiSalvo is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute's Center for State and Local Leadership and an assistant professor of political science at The City College of New York. He received his doctorate in politics from the University of Virginia and was previously Andrew W. Mellon Visiting Professor at Amherst College. Daniel is a regular contributor on PublicSectorInc.org a project of the Manhattan Institute. His work focuses on American political parties, elections, labor unions, state government, and public policy. He has written on these topics for both scholarly and popular publications, including National Affairs, The Public Interest, The Weekly Standard, Commentary, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, The Forum: A Journal of Applied Research in Contemporary Politics, The Tocqueville Review, Congress & the Presidency, and The Journal of Policy History.
- WNYC's "The Brian Lehrer Show"
- Talk 1300AM's "Live from the State Capitol"
- WSAU 99.9FM's "The Pat Snyder Show"
- KMJ 580 AM's "The Ray Appleton Show"
- WIBA 1310's "Vicki McKenna Show"
- TMJ4's "Fourth and State"
[SORT BY CATEGORY] [SORT BY PUBLICATION TYPE]
- Houston, There Is A Pension Problem, Houston Chronicle, 10-02-14
- Like Other Institutions, Public Employee Unions Need More Transparency, Investor's Business Daily, 09-10-14
- How Feasible Is A Social Democratic America?, Boston Review, 05-08-14
- New York City Canít Afford The Teachers Contract, New York Post, 05-03-14
- Revealing New History Of Liberalism, Washington Times, 02-17-14
- What De Blasio's Speech Left Out, New York Daily News, 01-02-14
- The Changing Politics of Public Sector Pensions, RealClearPolicy, 10-23-13
- Solidarity? Not For Long, New York Daily News, 09-30-13
- There is NO Right to Strike Against the Public, Washington Examiner, 07-05-13
- The Implications of Wisconsin, Washington Examiner, 06-07-12
- Public Sector Unions Bring Back Tammany Hall, Washington Examiner, 04-26-12
- A Key National Test of Labor's Power Coming this Spring in Wisconsin, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 04-14-12
- Factions Have a Role to Play, New York Times Room for Debate, 01-05-12
- The New Great Migration, New York Times Room for Debate, 07-26-11
- Why Bureaucrat Unions Are So Hard To Beat, Washington Examiner, 05-31-11
- Three Possible Responses To The States' Fiscal Problems, Washington Examiner, 05-12-11
- A Battle Plan For Gen. Cuomo - If Elected Governor, He'll Have To Back Up Rhetoric With Action, New York Daily News, 10-31-10
- The Very Model of a Modern Midterm, The Weekly Standard, 09-13-10
- The New Tammany Hall, The Weekly Standard, 10-12-09
- The Trouble with Public Sector Unions, National Affairs, 00-00-00
- More Articles >>
City Journal articles
- Workers of the World, Reminisce!, 13 June 2014
- With Friends Like These, 4 April 2014
- French Misconnection, 26 November 2013
- CCNY Does Right, Summer 2013
- Unfunded, 26 February 2013
- The Great Remigration, Summer 2012
- Cuomo Fights the UnionsGently, 12 June 2011
- Politics and Liberty, 3 June 2011
- Showdown in Madison, 22 February 2011