No. 38 June 2003
Vouchers for Special Education Students: An Evaluation of Florida’s McKay Scholarship Program
- Florida Department of Education, “Use of the Exceptional Student Education Matrix of Services,” January 2002. http://www.firn.edu/doe/bin00014/pdf/matrixnu.pdf
- Lisa Goldstein, “Rewrite of Spec. Ed. Law Passes the House,” Education Week, May 7, 2003. http://www.edweek.org/ew/ewstory.cfm?slug=34idea.h22
- Jay P. Greene and Greg Forster, “Effects of Funding Incentives on Special Education Enrollment,” December 2002. http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/cr_32.htm
- Jay P. Greene and Greg Forster, “Rising to the Challenge: The Effect of School Choice on Public Schools in Milwaukee and San Antonio,” October 2002. http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/cb_27.htm
- Jay P. Greene, Paul E. Peterson, and Jiangtao Du, “Effectiveness of School Choice: The Milwaukee Experiment,” Education and Urban Society, February 1999. http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/pepg/other/mil.htm
- Jay P. Greene, “Vouchers in Charlotte,” Education Next, Summer 2001. http://educationnext.org/20012/46greene.html
- Jay P. Greene, “The Looming Shadow,” Education Next, Winter 2001. http://www.educationnext.org/20014/76.html
- Christopher W. Hammons, “The Effects of Town Tuitioning in Vermont and Maine,” Milton & Rose D. Friedman Foundation, 2001. http://www.friedmanfoundation.org/schoolchoiceworks/mainevermontstudy.pd f
- William G. Howell and Paul E. Peterson, The Education Gap, Brookings, 2002, p. 161. http://www.brook.edu/dybdocroot/press/books/education_gap.htm
- Caroline M. Hoxby, “The Rising Tide,” Education Next, Winter 2001. http://educationnext.org/20014/68.html
- Caroline M. Hoxby, “Analyzing School Choice Reforms,” in Learning From School Choice, Peterson and Hassel, eds., Brookings, 1998.
- Alan B. Krueger and Diane M. Whitmore, “The Effect of Attending a Small Class in the Early Grades on College-Test Taking and Middle School Test Results: Evidence from Project STAR,” Economic Journal, January 2001.
- Alan B. Krueger and Pei Zhu, “Another Look at the New York City School Voucher Experiment,” conference paper, August 20, 2002. http://www.irs.princeton.edu/pubs/pdfs/470.pdf
- Kim K. Metcalf, et. al., “Evaluation of the Cleveland Scholarship and Tutoring Program,” Indiana Center for Evaluation, March 2003. http://www.indiana.edu/~iuice/forms/rprt_rqs.html
- People for the American Way/Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund, “Jeopardizing a Legacy,” March 6, 2003. http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/dfiles/file_167.pdf
- Paul E. Peterson, William G. Howell, and Jay P. Greene, “An Evaluation of the Cleveland Voucher Program after Two Years,” Program on Education Policy and Governance, June 1999. http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/pepg/pdf/clev2rpt.pdf
- Richard Rothstein, “Voucher Program Gets Failing Grade in Special Ed,” New York Times, June 19, 2002.
- Cecilia Elena Rouse, “Private School Vouchers and Student Achievement,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, May 1998. http://papers.nber.org/papers/w5964.pdf
- David F. Salisbury, “Lessons from Florida,” CATO Institute, March 20, 2003. http://www.cato.org/pubs/briefs/bp81.pdf
- Diana Jean Schemo, “ ‘Modest’ Changes Seen for Special Education,” New York Times, September 28, 2002.